On May 1, 2005, we started as a department of Eagle TV and held our first meeting to ask God how we can reach efficiently to the nomads. When the team leader Michael Windle and five other members were praying for 3 months, preparing themselves, watching Bible movies again and again and learning how to share the good news, they understood one thing surely. The thing is that Eagle TV has received special responsibility to deliver God’s good news to all over Mongolia. It wasn’t ordinary work. At that time, Eagle TV was the most popular and had the most audiences among other TVs and they introduced Jesus Christ all the time. Every person knew Eagle TV and whenever they heard Eagle they thought automatically “Jesus’ TV”. This was the joy for us. Since then, for 14 years, “Step by Step” team has been serving God, encouraging ourselves with this mission and making it our value. God is with us every step and shows us many miracles for these years. We believe that God will be with us in the future as well.
It is never too far to go; never too hard to get there.
SBS Vision: We are going to share the good news, prepare disciples and leaders in God and by planting united structural home churches to help people to create their private relationship with God to the nomads of Central Asia.
SBS Main Activities:
- Sharing the good news through Bible movies which are about stories of the Bible, life of Jesus and his services.
- Distribute the Bible.
- Create audio Bible study groups.
- Organize Timothy Leadership Training in the local area.
- Organize Conference of Leaders.
- Plant united structural home churches.
- Care and support the churches from distance and share good news together.
By God’s grace as of June, 2021, in 15 years:
- Served in 11 countries /Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, China, Afghanistan, India, Tuva, Buriad and Tibet/
- We went 1,590,107 km for our mission.
- We displayed Bible movies 6927 times.
- Shared good news to 155,301 people.
- 9809 people received God by their saviour.
- 229 people started Bible study groups.
- Currently, we planted 18 home churches and continuously support, caring for them and serving together. / one in Kyrgyzstan, one in China/
Our traveling evangelists, the Steppe-by-Steppe teams, have taken Jesus to a nomadic people using Bible film events to chronologically tell the Bible’s story. The events are outdoors in summer and in family homes, like Russian yurts, or in public halls in county seat towns in winter months. Films about a biblical person, like Abraham, Jacob, or Moses are shown to locals in the evening. The next morning, a guided Bible study focused on that biblical person, is given. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is presented at every event. Since 2007, the SBS teams have travelled to each of the 21 provinces, started 83 fellowships and over 146,737 Mongolians have attended these village film events.
Timothy Leadership Training
Training the leaders is one of the greatest needs of the Church in the developing world. In a land like Mongolia where remote locations and poverty mean that local persons with leadership gifts have no ability to easily travel somewhere to study, it is vital for the trainers to go to them. AMONG Foundation’s SBS teams are equipped, and they are committed to building Mongolian Church leaders in these remote locations.
Timothy Leadership Training Institute (TLT) is a renowned training program designed to prepare Christian leaders in remote, economically-challenged regions around the globe through a rigorous and thorough approach. As TLT states it “The mission of Timothy Leadership Training Institute is to train pastors, evangelists and lay leaders, enabling them to build viable and healthy congregations and communities.”
The TLT program is an essential part of Among Foundation’s vision for the future and is one of our continuing key initiatives.